I feel like I haven’t done a Weekend Reading post in a while, and I’m really missing it! If you’re new to A Girl & Grey, these posts are basically a round-up of online content to read over your Saturday/Sunday morning cuppa (tomato and cheese croissant optional, but heavily encouraged).
How has your week been? Was it productive? Did you have a work project on that you’re really excited about? Let me know in the comments down below.
I’ve had a kinda weird/stressful time lately…. Earlier in the week Belle was feeling a little off (meet Belle here) and her tummy was really swollen and painful, so I took her to the vet to get checked out and it seems that she had a build up of fur in her stomach which was causing her to bloat and be in pain. She was given some meds and sent home to rest up, and then the next day she started having a fit and choking and dripping foam from her mouth, which was terrifying to say the least. She was rushed to the vet because she wasn’t breathing and spent the day there being tested and recovering. We could find nothing wrong with Belle except for the fact that she wasn’t digesting her fur very well, and so the vet thinks that she went to vomit up a large hairball and choked on it for a few minutes. We gave her a lion shave and have been feeding her laxatives and high-fiber food hoping she’ll pass it through herself. She’s home now and a completely different cat – very loving and happy – so we really hope that’s the last of it. Fingers crossed Belle stays healthy and we don’t have to take her back to the vet any time soon!
I’d also like to take a second to thank those who reached out and checked on Belle throughout the week. I recieved at least ten DM’s a day asking about her which made my heart so happy. It’s crazy to think of the attachment we have with our online friends, and that most of it is due to things like Instagram and Twitter, but it makes me so grateful to be a part of this world, and that Belle (and Nala) play even the smallest role in your lives! You guys are the best.
A bunch of you were loving my Halloween Inspiration post that I shared a couple of days ago, and I absolutely loved creating it. I’ve been pinning lots of Halloween-ish content on my Pinterest, as well as (WAY TOO MUCH) Christmas stuff as well. I’m planning on writing up a post sharing all the Halloween stuff I’ve bought lately, as well as a possible Halloween house tour?! I feel like that could be really fun.
Okay, now onto some links.
- How perfect is this Swedish interior stylist’s home?
- Murder-proof indoor plants to add to your weekend shopping list.
- Ever wondered how long it will take to finish that book on your nightstand? Look no further.
- Validating your creative pursuits – I loved this post.
- Wanting to up your blog photography game? This one’s for you.
- Sunday habits for a better week.
- Super quick ways to de-stress. I’ve bookmarked this post for times of need.
- For a spooky read, look no further. I LOVE haunted houses.
- A post dedicated to the friends I’ve left behind. Hannah encapsulates my thoughts exactly.
- If I were to win the lottery tomorrow, I’d drive straight to LUSH and purchase all of their 2017 Christmas Collection.
I hope these posts keep you busy this weekend! Let me know what I should have a scroll through while I eat my (two) tomato and cheese croissants.