The Podcasts I’ve Been Listening To Lately
You guys seem to love it when I share my television and movie recommendations with you, so I thought I’d take it one step further and share some podcast recommendations today!
I only really discovered podcasts about a year ago, but I’ve been completely addicted since. I love to listen to them while I make and eat my breakfast in the morning, while I do my makeup, while I tidy the house, and while I drive to work and class. They’re such a great way to pass the time, keep you entertained, or teach you something while you’re living through the more mundane parts of your day.
Be warned, I’m a true crime lover, so a lot of these recommendations are based around crime, murder and mystery, but trust me when I say that they are all gems, and must hears!
- My first recommendation is The Generation Why Podcast – and this was actually the first true crime podcast I listened to. Aaron and Justin’s voices are so warm and genuine, and they always cover the trickiest of topics with respect and sympathy. I also really enjoy when they share their opinions, which often contrast each other, because I feel as though they are so well researched and unbiased. If you start anywhere – start here. You won’t regret it.
- Next is another crime based podcast, but it’s so SO different than the first as it’s a comedy podcast based entirely around murder (and sidebars). Most of you will probably know what I’m talking about, as it’s completely blown up online over the past six months, but I’ve been listening to Karen and Georgia over at My Favorite Murder since the first few episodes! These girls are funny to the point of satire, and sometimes I feel terrible within my soul for laughing along, but this podcast makes me feel good. It’s also created an entire community of ‘Murderinos’ who can share and connect through their love of crime, and that alone is a major feat.
- The Balanced Blonde Podcast is a new obsession of mine, but I love how calm and still Jordan’s voice makes me feel. She interviews prominent people in the blogging and wellness community, and it’s always great to hear more from those we look up to in this field of work!
- Lauryn Evarts should really be a household name these days I feel. She’s a bad-ass blogger who has built this major brand from basically nothing. I love her opinions on working hard and being yourself, as well as staying in your own lane. Around a year ago she started The Him & Her Podcast with her husband, Michael, and I listen to it every single week! It’s full of entrepreneurial advice, and tips on things from wellness to style. I absolutely love listening to this super successful couple, and they always inspire me to work harder and stop complaining – because at the end of the day, no-one cares!
- I’ve only recently discovered Beautiful, Anonymous – but wow is it good. Basically, Chris Gethard takes a phone call from a complete stranger, and they just chat for an hour. No names are revealed, which explains ‘anonymous’, and every single topic you could ever dream of is covered! The most recent episode on extracurricular teacher-student relationships is hectic to say the least!
I hope I’ve given you something new to listen to!
Make sure to leave your recommendations in the comments below, because I’m always on the look out for more things to listen to! I do a lot (like, A LOT) of driving each week and, really, there’s only so time much the above five podcasts can fill!