I mean, you guys already know that I am a skincare freak. I spend way too much money on it, and I spend waaay too much time online researching which lotion or potion I should buy next. I know it, I accept it, and I’m totally okay with it.
I remember having a friend once tell me that I was ‘obsessed’ and she couldn’t believe how many products I used (take note that this was years before I discovered Mecca). This came from a girl who would happily spend over eight hundred dollars on a scarf… I mean, I guess we all have our vices!
I’ll be honest with you. I have an entire folder of bookmarks on my web browser full of skincare products I wanna buy. There’s also a bunch of perfumes with bottles too beautiful to toss and candles too expensive to light in there as well… What better way to spend my time than writing a little blog post about a few of the things in that folder? I know I really shouldn’t buy them… but I also know that inevitably I will buy them. Whether that’s tomorrow or six months from now, I will own each and every one of these items. Why not have a little drool over them first? Come on. You know you wanna.
- The Kiehl’s Creamy Eye Treatment with Avocado has been on my list for quite some time, and I can already tell this will be my next purchase. I’ve read so many (SO MANY) great reviews on it, and we all know by now that avocado works wonders on the skin.
- I’ve never really used a body oil before, but the Globe Petal Multi-Use Oil from Urban Outfitters looks so beautiful. According to the website, it smells like pink currants, rose, peony, white musk and blond woods. Honestly, I’d buy it for the packaging alone.
- I feel like every blogger needs to purchase a Diptyque Baies candle at least once in their life – just for the photo. I realise I sound so daft and airy but I genuinely love a candle or two, and why not level up a little? I think the most expensive candle I’ve ever owned is a Glasshouse Fragrances one (well, actually I’ve bought almost ten in the past few years – Tahaa is our home scent) so I’m excited to try something a little less desserty and a little more mature. Roses and blackcurrant leaves? Yes plz!
- Besides the fact that their minimal packaging is everything, I’m kinda obsessed with Youth To The People. Their Spirulina, Microalgae, Kale and Spinach Age Prevention Superfood Mask (what a mouthful!) sounds like everything my skin needs right now. I ate kale every single day for a week and the lines underneath my eyes were way shallower. I’d be intrigued to see what would happen after regular usage of a product containing the miracle veg! (Or maybe I should just eat less chocolate and more kale? Maybe?!!)
- Jo Malone is another blogger praised brand we all know and love. *I’ve just realised that this + the candle aren’t really skincare… but oh well. It’s my blog.* Anyway, the Blackberry and Bay Cologne has been on my list for a while, and it’s purely because I think the scent right about sums up everything I wish I was. Deep, juicy, tart and brambly. Just kidding, but seriously – doesn’t that sound like the sexiest scent ever? I’d pair it with some chic black culottes and the crispest white button down you ever did see.
- I love honey, we know this, I really really do. It’s no surprise that this next item is on my list. The Burt’s Bees Almond Milk & Beeswax Hand Cream is exactly what I need on my night stand right now. It’s thick and luxuriously creamy, and I’ve only read great things about it. I also kinda love the little pot it comes in. Too cute!
- You guys know I managed to pick myself up something from The Ordinary recently – and the Hyaluronic Acid has become my saviour! But I’ve also been wanting to grab the Niacinamide 10% + Zinc 1%. It’s supposed to drastically improve the surface texture of the skin and get rid of any breakouts ASAP. I’ve read on a few blogs that it also gets rid of that yucky congestion that occurs under the skin sometimes. Winner!
- The last product in my bookmarks folder (that I’m sharing with you today – trust me, this doesn’t even dent the list) is the Luna Sleeping Night Oil by Sunday Riley. Let me just say – CULT. FREAKIN’. CLASSIC. I’ve read so many rave reviews about this beautiful blue oil, and have sampled it myself a few times in store. I’m hooked. It’s got a hefty old price tag though, so Harry usually has to pull me away before I spend my grocery money on it. Luna contains retinol (for anti-aging) and a bunch of other stuff to basically give you brand new skin overnight. It corrects sun damage. It corrects pollution damage. It smooths wrinkles. It smooths fine lines. I’ve also heard from a reputable source that it reduces the visibility of acne scars. It’s basically youth in a bottle and I NEED IT SO BAD. (!!!)
I hope you guys enjoyed the little peek into my bookmarks folder (creepy?) on this fine Sunday evening. I’ve actually really enjoyed writing about these products. That must make me sound sooo weird, but honestly, it’s just made me so excited to own all of them!
I have a problem.
Leave me a comment and let me know which products on this list you’ve tried, if any? And make sure to leave me some more skincare/fragrance recommendations! You know I love ’em!